Monday, February 14, 2005

Flight to Thailand

I leave for Bangkok tomororw. I'm on ANA (Air Nippon Airways) Flight #5 departing Los Angeles at 11:35AM. After 11 hours and 30 minutes of flying, I'm due to land in Tokyo at 4:05PM on Saturday, February 12th.

I then take ANA #915 departing Tokyo at 5:35PM and 7 and a half hours later, I arrive in Bangkok at 10:55PM (Saturday, February 12th).

I'll try to update this as often as possible.

I wish I could write every thought and every experience so far but I guess I'll just highlight. The 11.5 hour flight to Tokyo was uneventful. I slept on and off for most of it. The middle seat between me and the guy on the aisle was empty so that made it a helluva lot better. They served a few meals, lots o drinks, and I watched a few movies and some episodes of Everyone loves Raymond and Tom and Jerry. Thanks to Sandra Dee, I bought some AIRBORNE and popped those every few hours. The layover in Tokyo was only 1.5 hours so I browsed in the Duty Free shop and bought nothing. The 7.5 hour flight from Tokyo to Thailand, although shorter than the first leg, wasn't as comfortable. The plane was smaller and I had someone sitting next to me. It was hard to get comfortable. The movies were the same as the first leg, the few episodes of Everyone Loves Raymond and Tom and Jerry were also the same. I finally landed in Bangkok at 11PM Saturday. I went through customs and found a nice lady at a hotel kiosk who took care of me for the night. Within minutes, I had a room at the Trang Hotel with my own shower, complimentary breakfast and a free Boat Tour of the river for the following morning. I got a taxi, and arrived at the Trang. Needless to say, I wasn't very tired so I re-organized my backpack, got settled, and started to read "The Beach". I know, very cliche but when in Thailand.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home