Saturday, March 26, 2005

Day 41 - Friday, March 25 - Ko Lanta

Woke to a somewhat cloudy day and realized it was nice to see some puffs in the sky. The Esau's were waiting for their truck to take them to the pier so I hung out with them for a little bit. Once they left, I got on the bike for a ride into Sala Dan. I caught up on all the missing blogs which I'm assuming you've all read by now, uploaded some photos for all to see, and headed back to Miami as the sky turned black, the wind picked up, and everyone fled the town.

Of course, no rain came, it all blew over, and all was fine in Paradise.

Back at Miami, I found Dave and Katie on their porch. I think the tile on their porch is wearing out. We went to a little street vendor for some curry lunch and brought it back to the porch to eat. We sat around enjoying the ocean breeze and I went for a swim.

The rest of the day was pure nothingness. Just lounged about and thought a few times of the next stop.

Happy Hour was the usual but since I stopped drinking this morning, I couldn't partake. That was, of course, until Katie handed me a Gin and tonic. Maybe I'll stop tomorrow.

After Happy Hour broke up, we got ready for our big night at the movies. Paul, a local Thai British guy who "owns" "The Pub", a little hut on the main road that as far as I can tell doesn't serve food or drink and seems to never have any people in there, was having people over to watch "Million Dollar Baby". We (Paul, me, Katie, Dave, Natalie, Barry, Nathan, and Aisha) sat around on cushions, pillows, and low tables watching the movie. WOW, now THAT's not a movie that one needs to watch here in Thailand unless he / she is tired of being in their "happy place" and is in the mood to get knocked down a few rungs. I guess I really had no idea what direction the movie took until it actually took it. The public did a great job at leaving out some details when talking about it.

After the movie, we all headed back to Miami and called it a night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home