Monday, April 04, 2005

Day 50 - Sunday, April 3 - Ko Pha Ngan

Woke and hung on the beach for a little bit and read another page of my book. At this rate, I should be finished in time for my trip to Africa next July.

Everyone woke up, packed their bags, and had breakfast at Pingjun while I enjoyed a morning swim.

I took the truck ride with Marlow, Les, and Logan to Thong Sala, we walked around a bit and had some fried chicken from a street vendor. There's nothing better these days than a great piece of street fried chicken. We parted ways again, this time knowing I wouldn't see Les and Marlow until I visited them in Canada, and Logan and I joked about meeting in Ko Tao after he saw them off in Bangkok.

I took the truck back to Pingjun and hung out on the beach reading my Lonely Planet in case I do end up on Ko Tao come Tuesday or Wednesday. This Ko Tao talk all came up again after seeing a postcard from Ko Tao with the most beautiful white sand beaches and pristine blue water. It might be worth a simple and inexpensive boat ride to check it out. I thought I had written Ko Tao off but now, as usual, plans are changing and I may rethink it.

Back at Pingjun, I swam, and relaxed and did pretty much a lot of nothing. Had a late lunch at 4PM, and just chilled out the rest of the early evening before checking out a few bars (Game Bar and Dolphin) before heading to bed. Was sound asleep by 10:30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home