Friday, April 15, 2005

Day 60 - Wednesday, April 13 - Siem Reap / Angkor Wat

I was picked up at 5:20AM and headed out to the temples. Our first stop was Angkor Wat to see sunrise.

While there, I met Lisa and John, a couple from England; Lisa, 32, a native of Iowa and living in England for the past 16 years who is dating John, 52, an English bloak who is twice divorced with 5 kids. We hit it off and spent the rest of the day together. Today's blog is going to be very short as what I said in yesterday's posting holds true for today.

There are no words to describe the temples. Whatever I would say would, in no way, shape or form, do them any justice.

Therefore, I am going to list the places I saw today, and you can do a google search if you are interested in seeing photos or reading about any of them. I saw the following sights from 5:30AM - 2PM:

Angkor Wat*
The South Gate of Angkor Thom*
The Bayon*
Terrace of Elephants
Ta Prohm*
Ta Keo
Preah Khan*
Ta Keo
The Baphuon
Terrace of the Leper King

* these are the ones you should look up if you are looking any of them up at all.

At this point, it was BEASTLY HOT, HUMID, and we were all exhausted. We went back to their hotel, had a drink, lunch, chatted and we decided not to go back to the temples for sunset. They are leaving tomorrow for Phnom Penh and I told my driver to pick me up at 8:00AM as I don't need to see another sunrise and 8-12noon or 1:00PM will be enough for me. We hung out for a few hours, had a few Angkor Beers, and at sunset, we said our goodbyes and I headed back to my hotel.

I walked around to some of the local bars at about 9PM and found a few really great hang-out spots.....one being a bar called "The Angkor What?". I walked around for a bit, popping in and out of some watering holes and was back at the hotel by 11PM.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home